Saturday 28 March 2009

Habit Forming

Got fitted for my habit yesterday. I didn't try the wimple thing on, but the dress was enough to bring me out in cold sweats.

I can't believe that women choose to wear these things. I suggested to the costume supervisor that mine could do with a few pearls and a lower neckline, but she wasn't having it.

"The idea of the habit is that it strips you of everything other than your bare self; leaving you free to devote your soul to serving God," she said, clearly amused at my panic.
"I know, but a few sequins wouldn't go amiss," I said. "God wouldn't mind that, would he?"

I cheered up a little when they added the collar. Better light reflection on the jawline. And I've got a rosary belt, so at least I can cinch it in a little bit on the sly.

I didn't realise how vain I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment