Wednesday 18 March 2009

Bar Room Brawl


Witch spent today punching, kicking, slam-dunking, bitch-slapping, hair-pulling, head-locking...

Another day at the office, chickens.

Just kidding. But the gloves were definitely off this afternoon as we tackled the fight scene. I was like a coiled spring in the wings, ready with my bare fist and a cabbage for any sound effects that might be needed. Sadly, I wasn't called upon. Apparently they don't do it like that these days.

It was a lot of fun, but I was glad to get my pearls back on afterwards. All that fighting just isn't ladylike, darlings. And it witched my hair up something chronic.


I managed to sneak a couple of pics for you - Jennie Dale (left) in a headlock, and Claire Greenway (above right), who seems to be under the impression that she's in Karate Kid: The Musical and not Sister Act.

Patina Miller (our Deloris) is singing notes I didn't even know existed. Man, that girl can wail. And Sheila Hancock is like dry ice as the Mother Superior. Brilliant. I was hoping to see her do some Bruce Lee kicks, or at least an upper cut or two. Naturally I was disappointed. Not even a whiff of ninja action. But there's still time. We haven't finished rehearsals yet...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like my day job, only we are far more brutal lol. Although Sheila Hancock doing Bruce Lee kicks - my god!!!! Could you imagine the ticket sales lol xx

    ReplyDelete